Tom@Charlton
Phil@Watford
Ben@Plymouth
Paul Hemmings
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage

Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 7:24

Oh, and on being tough to raise money?. Welcome to mine and Tom's world for the las three years!. Of course, Tom had a family cash cow.. But it still wasn't easy for us either, that's the beauty of lower league management. I want to see Stu take over at somewhere like Wolves and see how he gets on...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 7:44

Rich,

Im not gettign at anyone in particular, they were just examples. Kleberson is over 30 and it hink you have done well to get 6m for him, the point was aimed at the values in the game not you.

I have a 23 year old CB playing in the prem and i cant sell him for 1m? The system rates him at 250k and he wont sell. Yet other players in the gme that are overpriced sell each week.

Im just saying something isnt right here.

Im gettign moaned at about my squad size each week and 5 of the 7 not playing are Transfer listed, plenty of sides that are unmanaged could do with my players and none of them are signing them cos they cost too much at 1m? Let me ask you this, when was the last player you signed in this game under 1m that strengthened your squad?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 9:05

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
Rich,

Im not gettign at anyone in particular, they were just examples. Kleberson is over 30 and it hink you have done well to get 6m for him, the point was aimed at the values in the game not you.

I have a 23 year old CB playing in the prem and i cant sell him for 1m? The system rates him at 250k and he wont sell. Yet other players in the gme that are overpriced sell each week.

Im just saying something isnt right here.

Im gettign moaned at about my squad size each week and 5 of the 7 not playing are Transfer listed, plenty of sides that are unmanaged could do with my players and none of them are signing them cos they cost too much at 1m? Let me ask you this, when was the last player you signed in this game under 1m that strengthened your squad?

Hey Ross, I hear you.

If you have a premiership CB thats rated at only £1millions then you need to review him because it is the players CR that governs how much they are worth re their tribvals. If you successfully review the players you think are undervalued then you may get somewhere and raise some money.

If you dont have time to review these players then maybe some kind soul will help you out and do it for you.

Maybe you should be specific and list the details of the players you think are undervalued.

But you shouldn't be down beat as youre doing a great job there as it is VERY tough going in the lower leagues, that was the idea of running them.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 9:18

Inter Milan SLO4/6 53% 7 chancesto 8 GKRBPMCLSTCFRHsuperb LBLHgood

Inter seemed a bit off color in this game and their SLO tactic didnt work very well. There is a rare handicap that is flagged up sometimes when a team sells a really good player and as a result the team under performs in the first half of its next league game and Inter may have suffered from that this week. Second half Inter played better.

Champions League SLO5/6/7 56% 11 chancesto 5 LHsublime mom CFsublime

not sure why Betis didnt send in any cup orders but because of that they played with an apprentice GK.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 9:26

Inter sold Tremolada.

Also I think I may have made STs a bit too attractive, I turned them up last week cos we had an issue with them being leftout, now they seem to be involved too much, liking taking balls directly from CBs, so I will turn them down slightly. This sort of thing is a bit hit and miss and its just a matter of finding the right balance between having players follow the tactical system rigidly or letting them do their own thing.

This has also affected Inter this week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 9:29

Please feel free to air your frustrations at me any time you like, esp here on the forum, as quite often that is good feedback for me.

And you wont lose too many games as a result Smile

Only joking, all feedback gratefully received as usual.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 9:44

Boca FAS5/6/7 50% 10 chancesto 7 9ontarget 8saved GKAMTMSTS2superb CLCRBWgood Lorenzo had a man sentoff after 68mins.

Copa Libertadores FAS 6/7 50% 13 chancesto 2 13ontarget 8saved TMsublime mom STsublime GKCLDYgood RKpoor as Ariel Ortega said after the game "a bit of a demolition job".

Boca signed Caballero and Markovic and sold Quintulen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 9:45

Paul Hemmings wrote:

not sure why Betis didnt send in any cup orders but because of that they played with an apprentice GK.

Betis didn't get a cup order sheet...(I believe) hope I haven't dropped a clanger, can't see a cup order sheet in my highly organised pile of CF paperwork currently under the bed!
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 9:48

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Arsenal sold Corluka to Spurs for £12millions and Efrem to Wednesday for £1.5millions.

Barton said he was happy to leave but I guess it should have been more.

The game itself was very close

Arsenal FLY5 53% 7 chances to 8 TMsublimeRVPmom GKsuperb LBCLCRAMCFDYgood Sagna was sentoff though after 50 minutes as well so you did very well to play the last part of the game with just 10 men.

Champions Cup FLY5 51% 11 chancesto 7 TMsublimeRVPmom GKAMCFsuperb LBCLCRRWgood

Very happy with both performances! Also happy to see young szscesny making his debut in both league and cup and getting superb performance twice!

Also robin seems to flourish being played at TM. Smile

Well hopefully I can get by without my regular RB next turn. Gunter will have to debut for the gunners.

Still slightly concerned my wingers never seem to get involved. But hopefully the GET command will help there involvement!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 10:04

Gonna be tough game against watcord next turn especially as I will have no scout report, I should look into tactics more I tend to just pick my formation and stick with it, none of this BW AM
etc to counter act the opposition....mind you I ain't done bad so far
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Regular International - 95/95
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 10:11

Paul, in the 'sex' tactics which position is the most important/ influential between AM and DY?

Also can you remind what the position of MG actually covers?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 10:12

Rich@Leicester wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

Betis didn't get a cup order sheet...(I believe) hope I haven't dropped a clanger, can't see a cup order sheet in my highly organised pile of CF paperwork currently under the bed!

aah you have the "please send cup order sheet" to N
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 10:17

Matt@Barcelona wrote:
Paul, in the 'sex' tactics which position is the most important/ influential between AM and DY?

Also can you remind what the position of MG actually covers?

SEX is a fixed position tactical formation ( esp as you get older Smile ) so each position is as important as the rest but TM is the pivotal controlling position. The AM will try to breakup the opponents play, win the ball and carry it forward to the TM, while the DY will do what DYs do but mostly helps out in attack but may also defend if he wants to/is told to. Does that help ?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 10:19

Midfield Generals have 2 roles, one on offence and one on defence.

On offence they play as a PM and on defence they play as a BW.

So they combine the two roles depending on whether you have the ball or not. Because of this they need both creative and destructive skills and plenty of stamina and knowledge. there arent many players who can play at MG and still get all their bonuses.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 10:48

Roma SLO3 54% 16 chancesto 2 14ontarget 12saved DYsublimeDeROSSImom CLCFsuperb RKCCCRALgood "easy at times" is about right.

Roma sold Giacomelli, Immobile, Zaccardo and Gralac but you have fans still complaining about the extortionate price of season tickets.

You only have 2 players not playing so squadeff is now 98% but you still have plenty of players on awful morale and if your goal is to win the title this year, and you do have a chance, you do need to reorganise the wage structure.

On the plus side your win bonues are superb.

Dont forget about Akinfeev as he comes out of his honeymoon period next week and will need to play FT11 football from then on and as your not in europe that means playing in each league game. You also have Krasic, Pereira and Vucinic all on attitude 1 all sitting on your bench, Krasic is okay cos he's played 9 of the last 10, Pereira is not okay as hes been on the bench for the last 10 games and should be FT11, and Vucinic has only played 3FT11 so he's not okay either ans these players will be dragging your squad morale down and you are missing out on some nice bonuses cos of this.

The only other advice comes from club captain Rafinha who says "When the boss is around we all get a bit nervous cos we know that he luvs a deal and if we look at him wrong we'll be gone next week"
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 10:49

That last bit was tongue-in-cheek of course, but I couldn't resist. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 10:51

The playing history of each player now appears on your player profile report page 2 so your expert turn was well timed this week.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 10:53

There arent many goals in some of the youth / schoolboy games this week so I'll look into that, I expect the longer pitch has affected them as well, so I need to make allowances for that for next week.
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 10:54

Yes that makes sense on AM and DY's and also why Pato when accidently playing at DY was the star player!

On the MG position, Yaya Toure plays at AM for me at the moment, does he still get his bonuses there? And is there a position on the pitch of 'MG', if it does could it fit into the 'sex' and 'win' tactics?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 11:05

Real Madrid FAS3 / ALL7 / DEF5 66% 18 chancesto 1 16ontarget 12saved S2sublimeBENZEMAmom TMSTBWsublime CLCRsuperb DRDLgood

your fans are demonstrating about the cost of season tickets and this eefects the atmosphere inside the grown and lessens the bonus your team gets for playing at home, it obviously didnt affect you this week but may have done if you'd been playing a stronger side.

Champions Cup FAS3 / DEF5 / ALL3 55% 11 chancesto 6 9ontarget 6saved TMsublimeSILVAmom STsublimeDZEKO GKDLCLBWDRsuperb CRgood
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 11:09

Matt@Barcelona wrote:
On the MG position, Yaya Toure plays at AM for me at the moment, does he still get his bonuses there? And is there a position on the pitch of 'MG', if it does could it fit into the 'sex' and 'win' tactics?

the MG playing position wont fit into SEX but can be used in WIN

Yaya is one of those special players who can fill any of the central midfield roles and still get all his bonuses.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 11:24

Paul - question on WHV. Can you play a PM and if you do is it worth it or not? I was hopeful that the creative player would put more intelligence into the tactic. I want to get more out of my wide men and my forwards. So was thinking 442 with a PM/BW or PM/DY combination in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 11:41

Barcelona SEX5 66% 18 chancesto 2 14ontarget 10saved DYsublimeSCHWEINSTEIGERmom RHCFsublime TMsuperb GKLBCLCRAMLHgood only Carlos Puyol at RB had an average game.

Champions Cup SEX5 49% 11 chancesto 9 9ontarget 7saved DYsublimeSCHWENSTEIGERmom CFsublime GKTMsuperb CLCRRHLHgood 3subs used though so perfs could have been higher for CFRHLH.

You sold Alvaro.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 11:46

I must compliment Matt again on the way he organises and runs his club, not only has he built a well balanced successful team but he has also made a £4millions profit this week from his finances alone, not including any profits he may have made from buying and selling players. He has all his revenue streams up and running well and making money or losing the least amount of money as possible. That's the main reason why Barca are the richest club in the league by a country mile.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 11:49

Rob@Inter wrote:
Paul - question on WHV. Can you play a PM and if you do is it worth it or not? I was hopeful that the creative player would put more intelligence into the tactic. I want to get more out of my wide men and my forwards. So was thinking 442 with a PM/BW or PM/DY combination in the middle.

The advantages with a PM are that he decides where the ball goes not the system. So if one of your winghalves starts to have a stormer he will recognise that and continue to give him the ball more often. Obviously if you swap over your winghalves then you negate this advantage. If the opponents make a POOR substitution then it can also backfire sometimes. So it may improve things for some games but not others. Its still mainly down to your winghalves.
Back to top Go down
Matt@Barcelona
Matt@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 12:03

Paul Hemmings wrote:
I must compliment Matt again on the way he organises and runs his club, not only has he built a well balanced successful team but he has also made a £4millions profit this week from his finances alone, not including any profits he may have made from buying and selling players. He has all his revenue streams up and running well and making money or losing the least amount of money as possible. That's the main reason why Barca are the richest club in the league by a country mile.

Embarassed Biscuits are in the post Paul!!! Laughing

Seems like Schweinsteiger is running the show for me at the moment.............

Back to top Go down

Week 10 processing...
Page 21 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next