Paul Hemmings
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 14:04

Ive added another player command to the system

BIG

this will allow strikers to be as attracting as centre forwards are, they wont lose any mobility but they will attract the same attention that CFs do, for instance on crosses. So it will be like playing with 2 or 3 CFs. It may need tweaking as we go along but it should compensate for removing the F2 playing position.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 14:09

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
Plymouth FAS5 52% 15 chancesto 5 S2sublimeROBINHOmom CLCFDLsuperb TMGKLBAMCRgood but Rooney was sentoff on 49minutes.

Nasri injured and auto sent to ManCity's medical centre.

having said that baove about injuries there were actually 3 inj in this game so I need to review it a bit more in depth.

Not good news given that its Fulham up next. Without Rooney and Nasri (both my two TM) I might indeed struggle here!

I'd chuck Rosicky in there, think he'd do well! Don't you have D'Alessandro as well? Quite capable of filling in i'd say!

Hopefully mate although I might need D'Alessandro to play as a DY depending on whether I can risk Hitzle on debut with TU at 0. Rosicky will have to play DY or else I am in serious trouble! Guess this is what the games all about though!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 14:09

one thing about the FAS system that I havent mentioned is what happens when you play with TM CF ST.

The CF just stands in front of the TM preventing the TM from exploiting any spaces created by clever runs from his ST and/or S2 and this is happening with Plymouth atm. Rooney hasnt scored for three league games now and thats not like him even though Plymouth are now unbeaten in their last 6 league games.

Anelka is a great CF but you may have more luck playing the more traditional ST S2 infront of Rooney. Down to you of course but I thought I'd point that out.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 14:11

Paul Hemmings wrote:
one thing about the FAS system that I havent mentioned is what happens when you play with TM CF ST.

The CF just stands in front of the TM preventing the TM from exploiting any spaces created by clever runs from his ST and/or S2 and this is happening with Plymouth atm. Rooney hasnt scored for three league games now and thats not like him even though Plymouth are now unbeaten in their last 6 league games.

Anelka is a great CF but you may have more luck playing the more traditional ST S2 infront of Rooney. Down to you of course but I thought I'd point that out.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this. I did swap Anelka to ST and Robinho to S2 this week, did Anelka end up playing at CF (or is this just because he is a natural CF)?

Last edited by Ben@Plymouth on Wed 21 Mar - 14:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 14:12

I may also create a new report that shows wages, attitude and playing history and gives you some idea of player's current attitude towards signing a new contract, if you think that would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 14:15

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this. I did swap Anelka to ST this week, did he end up playing at CF (or is this just because he is a natural CF)?

apologies ive missed moving him to ST, I did move Robinho though, I remember moving him over then I had to restore some things and I forgot to go back and do it again.

Luckily you won despite my best efforts to nobble your team. sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 14:22

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this. I did swap Anelka to ST this week, did he end up playing at CF (or is this just because he is a natural CF)?

apologies ive missed moving him to ST, I did move Robinho though, I remember moving him over then I had to restore some things and I forgot to go back and do it again.

Luckily you won despite my best efforts to nobble your team. sorry about that.

No worries Paul, the win is the most important thing and without this I would never have realised that playing a CF impacts on how the TM plays (as I have been playing with CF TM 3 DY's and AM in certain games).

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 14:47

Lyon MIX5 46% 8 chancesto 8 GKCFSTsuperb LBCLCRPMgood Neto sentoff49

sold Benhamida Dyer and Garaerts
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 14:55

Seems to be a lot of red cards this week as well as injuries too Paul?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 15:04

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Seems to be a lot of red cards this week as well as injuries too Paul?

the number of red cards depends on which referee you pull for the match I need to find a way of assigning refs at the start of the season so you can adjust your aggression levels accordingly before the match.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 15:08

Watford SLO5 55% CFsublimeADEBAYORmom CRCLPMRHP2STsuperb LHLBGKgood RBquiet 9 chances to 2 7ontarget 6saved.

Unlucky to only win 1-0 really, well dominated this game.

Europa SLO5 48% GKsublime LHPMCRsuperb LBP2STCFgood 7 chancesto 8 5ontarget 4saved
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 15:20

Osman joined Everton for £4millions

six league games unbeaten for Watford and only 3 goals conceded is an excellent record. gotta play Chelsea next week that'll be very interesting as SLO may well be very effective against Chelsea's MIX tactic even though Chelsea have now scored 10 goals in their last two league games.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 15:28

Ancona MIX3 47% 8 chancesto 7 STsuperbQUAGLIARELLAmom CFPMAMGKsuperb LBCLgood

Players bonded well during the friendly trip. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 15:46

Charlton FAS5 50% 10 chancesto 5 9ontarget 7saved STsublime TMS2superb GKRBCLAMgood

signed Neil Taylor.

maybe Tom could give us some insight into why he has changed from SLO to FAS tactics ? esp as SLO seemed to be yielding good results incl a 4-1 tanking of Boro a couple of weeks ago. Manager insight is always a valuable feedback tool for me so the more the merrier really. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 16:17

Nantes SLO5 52% 7 chancesto 9 STsublimeNEYMAR2goals GKLBPMDLDRsuperb CFCLCRgood

Europa SLO5 48% 4 chancesto 14 Gksublime CFP2DRsuperb LBRBCLPMDLSTgood

Top of the table and unbeaten in the last 6.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 16:48

Fulham WIN6 47% 8 chancesto 7 only 1 cross though GKRWSTCFsuperb LWCLgood

Both goals came from individual play rather than team play and Tiago is still not doing a great job of geting the ball out to his wingers, I think its his quickness being only 2 that is holding him back, he just doesnt seem to get into a passing long position before he has to get rid of the ball even though he has a good longpassing skill. This is a side effect of the extended pitch coupled to that his form is only normal so he wont be playing at full tilt either.

Ive done some research on him and he can also play at PM so ive made him a AMPM so you could move him further forward into the PM role and that would negate the effect of him having to stepup before passing out wide.

Or you wait for his form to improve and see how he performs then as players on superb form and superb morale do more than other players during a game.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 17:01

Ive added a new player command for wingers, this is to help with the extended pitch

GET

will tell your wingers to get the ball and move back further into play ready to receive a pass, but it does mean once they get the ball they will have to rely more on their speed/dribbling to make that ground backup before they can cross or cut inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 17:10

Paul Hemmings wrote:

Both goals came from individual play rather than team play and Tiago is still not doing a great job of geting the ball out to his wingers, I think its his quickness being only 2 that is holding him back, he just doesnt seem to get into a passing long position before he has to get rid of the ball even though he has a good longpassing skill. This is a side effect of the extended pitch coupled to that his form is only normal so he wont be playing at full tilt either.

Ive done some research on him and he can also play at PM so ive made him a AMPM so you could move him further forward into the PM role and that would negate the effect of him having to stepup before passing out wide.

Or you wait for his form to improve and see how he performs then as players on superb form and superb morale do more than other players during a game.

interesting stuff.

makes sence in what u say - seems that i, the AM position and the WIN tactic has suffered a little on a larger pitch.

Question - do u think in the light of the pitch being made bigger the role or skills of the AM need to be reivewed in general

i cant think of too many mobile, visionary AM's that iv come across.

genrerally in the game the better ones are able to put a good tackle in, and then distribute the ball, the special ones may even have long passsing and vision which is one of the things iv always loved about my portugese mystro but seldom do AM's have all these and mobility as well.

does it mean that the WIN tactic with AM DY CF ST RW LW is redundant?

and now needs to involve a PM ?

PM BW ? not sure

would be very interested in your thoughts paul.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 17:19

Will@Fulham wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

interesting stuff.

makes sence in what u say - seems that i, the AM position and the WIN tactic has suffered a little on a larger pitch.

Question - do u think in the light of the pitch being made bigger the role or skills of the AM need to be reivewed in general

genrerally in the game the better ones are able to put a good tackle in, and then distribute the ball, the special ones may even have long passsing and vision which is one of the things iv always loved about my portugese mystro but seldom do AM's have all these and mobility as well.

PM BW ? not sure

I think the GET command on your wingers will solve the problem but I'm also going to get the system to check the wingers intelligence and if he is clever enough he will step back himself without you having to use the GET command.

I'll give it some more thought though as I dont want WIN tactic to have to use a PM.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 17:32

Feyenoord FLY5/6 43% 2 chancesto 6 TMsuperbELIAmom GKAMsuperb LWRBLBgood CLpoor no crosses here either

You have SOS on ELIA which pushes him further into the box rather than in that area between midfield and attack and subsequently he had little chance to anything but shoot, so your wingers didnt really come into the game much. Not absolutely disastrous as he was still mom.

You signed Felipe and Christensen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 17:46

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Will@Fulham wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

interesting stuff.

PM BW ? not sure

I think the GET command on your wingers will solve the problem but I'm also going to get the system to check the wingers intelligence and if he is clever enough he will step back himself without you having to use the GET command.

I'll give it some more thought though as I dont want WIN tactic to have to use a PM.

cheers paul,

i would hope the likes of valencia, Robben and/or Milner should all be intelligent enough to fulfil such a role.

can u u keep me posted on the WIN developement as it is a system i l would like to use ideally as its quite maluable.....well that and its about the only one i can crowbar Bent into my side with lol!!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 18:11

Blackpool FAS5 48% 9 chancesto 3 TMsublime mom BWCFsuperb GKLKAMCRCCgood

ranger was sold and you have 7 players not playing now although 5 of them are on the transfer list they do still effect your squadeff. one defeat in six games keeps the club going in the right direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 19:39

Paul Hemmings wrote:

ranger was sold and you have 7 players not playing now although 5 of them are on the transfer list they do still effect your squadeff. one defeat in six games keeps the club going in the right direction.

Paul,

Thanks for the break down, glad i got another win under my belt and finding form at a crucial point of the season.

One thing that is bothering me slightly is Corluka can be sold for £12m and i cant seem to sell anyone for £1m?

I understand you telling me that they are only worth 250k to reality / unmanaged sides but is Corluka really worth £12m?

Nile Ranger was very young, ok not the best forward in the world but i dont think Corluka is worth what he sold for and Kleberson probably sold for £6m. There seems a huge gap on valuations which is making it harder for me to raise money.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 20:40

i think from now on i'll stick to just sending a turn when i owe paul credz Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 7:20

Ross@Blackpool wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

Paul,

Thanks for the break down, glad i got another win under my belt and finding form at a crucial point of the season.

One thing that is bothering me slightly is Corluka can be sold for £12m and i cant seem to sell anyone for £1m?

I understand you telling me that they are only worth 250k to reality / unmanaged sides but is Corluka really worth £12m?

Nile Ranger was very young, ok not the best forward in the world but i dont think Corluka is worth what he sold for and Kleberson probably sold for £6m. There seems a huge gap on valuations which is making it harder for me to raise money.

It's just a CR thing surely Ross. forget who they are, Kleberson was still a 9997, and in my opinion, about to be killed on his next review from Paul, so was time to get shot of him. But in the eyes of the system, still well worth £6m on stats...131 ts for gods sake. 8's all over the place

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 10 processing...   Week 10 processing... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Mar - 7:24

Oh, and on being tough to raise money?. Welcome to mine and Tom's world for the las three years!. Of course, Tom had a family cash cow.. But it still wasn't easy for us either, that's the beauty of lower league management. I want to see Stu take over at somewhere like Wolves and see how he gets on...
Back to top Go down

Week 10 processing...
Page 20 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next