Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Week 6 processing - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 13:56

I'm running all the transfers now, then I'll be onto the training and finances and then I'll come back to do some more match commentaries.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 13:58

Will we have some more breaking transfer news then Paul...?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 14:20

From inside the Madejski Stadium comes our roving reporter Clive Tyldesley.

"First things first, it was Sergio Aguero's day without doubt, he was held up coming into the ground by autograph hunters and he is still signing autographs now as the team try to leave. He deservedly won man of the match from the watching Jimmy Greaves, and there's a man who should know a decent striker when he sees one. He also scored a spectacular goal that curled off the end of his boot following a superb run that gave Blayney no chance at all from all of twenty yards, and for me he may prove to be the signing of the century for Birmingham."

"As for the rest of the game, well, it was a bit disappointing, although any criticism of the way players performed must exclude the excellent Fellaini who played a blinder for Birmingham and was only outshone by the arrival of Kun Aguero."

"The rest of the Birmingham team seemed in awe of Aguero and they never really got going and it was lucky that Reading also seemed caught up in all the hype as they too were well below par. So all in all a bit poor really, but expect better from Birmingham in the future, especially if they can find a decent centre forward to play with Aguero."
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 14:32

Reporting from Home Park is Adrian Childs.

"Manchester United we're all over this game from the start, with Plymouth not playing a recognised playmaker it was left up to Wayne Rooney to try and bring some semblence of organisation to their attacking play, and although he did have some success the team overall performance suffered as a result. United on the other hand were their usual sweet running selves, a well oiled machine who know what their doing and when to do it. The reds dominated possession with Lescott, Flamini, Van Der Vaart and Berbatov all performing very well down the spine of their side. But having said that it was Wayne Rooney who again stole the man of the match award for his tireless and skilful efforts to grab all three points, shame he did get much help really."

"Robinho flitted in and out of the game seemingly unsure whether to play alongside Anelka or behind him, where he was often beaten to the ball by Rooney, and with Rosicky and Nasri seemingly unsure of their roles out on the wings and with Ashley Cole and Glen Johnson a bit restricted in going forward, it wasnt pretty most of the time for the home side."

"Essien was the one saving grace as he anchored everything with his usual robustness and if not for him it could have been three points for United."

"As it turned out Petr Cech and Robert Green had very little to do even though their were some good chances created."
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 14:41

Well I now know where my troubles seem to lie with this team and a lack of coherence in midfield are really damaging my team badly. A shift in tactics/positions is much needed it seems and if I can get things right then hopefully I can kick start my season. Although only a draw, unbeaten in 3 now in the league and hopefully building some sort of platform to push on. We shall see how I get on next week...

On another note 3 wins out of 3 for Lyon with the Barrios and Ibrahimovic partnership working superbly - now only if I can someone manage to produce that form with Rooney and Anelka!

Last edited by Ben@Plymouth on Tue 24 Jan - 15:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 14:44

We can go to Vicarage Road now where our man on the spot is Alan Brown, oh no sorry, Alan Green.

"Well, thankyou for that, in my opinion.." ( mic goes dead )

Not sure what happened there but it was a very even game at Vicarage Road where Phil Neville opened the scoring with a header from a Beckham corner on 26 minutes, and it wasnt against the run of play either. Watford then woke up and came right back into it with Hugo Rodallega especially effective, before a curling shot from the edge of the box from Mikel Arteta levelled matters just before halftime. Charlie Adam was immense and had the beating of Jack Wilshere this afternoon with Wilshere asked to play this passing game in midfield he became easy prey for the more experienced Adam. Overall Charlton had the better of it with five corners to Watford one, and 51% of the possession. I did notice that Adebayor is given this floating role up front when what Watford might need is a big lad to lead the line as some of the time the wide men were unable to find the roaming Adebayor to cross to, an essential part of the slow tactic.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 14:46

more reports and analysis to follow once I get the turns printing started...
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:22

The full results recap is now in

Boca Juniors 3 Independente 0

Portuguesa 0 Gremio 1

Sao Joao 0 Flamengo 2

Vasco Da Gama 1 Santos 2

Cherry Orchard 2 Dundalk 1

Blackburn Rovers 0 Newcastle United 1

Manchester City 0 Fulham 0

Plymouth Argyle 1 Manchester United 1

Reading 1 Birmingham City 1

Everton 1 Arsenal 2

Oldham Athletic 1 Chelsea 2

Watford 1 Charlton Athletic 1

Leeds United 1 Leicester City 2

Blackpool 1 Sheffield Wednesday 0

Lyon 3 Marseille 1

Lens 1 Lille 2

Nantes 3 Toulouse 0

Bayern Munich 1 Schalke 1

Feyenoord 1 Breda 0

Ancona 1 Juventus 0

Napoli 0 Sampdoria 0

Roma 2 Lazio 0

Inter Milan 0 Cagliari 1

Setubal 0 Sporting Lisbon 1

Villareal 1 Real Madrid 2

Real Sociedad 0 Barcelona 3

Sevilla 0 Deportivo La Coruna 0

Atletico Bilbao 0 Real Betis 0
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:23

apologies to Phil at Lille where we lost the vidiprinter feed for the entire length of Lille's game at Lens.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:25

Rumours of a financial overspend at Watford fuelled suspicions that boss Jamie Tyler may have to sell somebody very quickly before the next round of games, otherwise players may become stressed amid concerns of not being paid.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:28

Young Brazilian midfielder Henrique became the subject of much transfer activity this week as rumours of his impending arrival on British soil began to solidify, however it remains to be seen if Flamengo are willing to give up the talented youngster to a British club or whether they will bide their time and keep him in the hope he wiil become good enough to sign for parent club Barcelona.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:33

European Champions league results are in

Group One

Arsenal 3 Paris 1

Barcelona 2 Milan 0
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:33

Group Two

Newcastle 1 Ajax 1

Schalke 1 Juventus 1
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:34

Group Three

Plymouth 3 Real Betis 0

Inter Milan 1 Fulham 0
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:35

Grouo Four

Real Madrid 3 Bayern Munich 2

Man City 2 Inverness 1
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:36

Been very busy at work today. But hasn't stopped me spending my lunch break and afternoon break just reading this topic. This is by the most enjoyable topic ever.

Amazing to see I got a win also, keeps the day ticking by!

It's okay Paul, I kept checking there results in the "other league" posts. Also quite interested in the cup games. Or have I confused my weeks lol.

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:37

Moroccan Chamakh is unhappy at not being able to get a game for the Gunners and the Chairman seems to have turned to the drink in order to find a solution to the excessive number of players wandering aimlessly around his lively stadium, making the place untidy.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:41

Lille's hypnotist gets the thumbs up from the players, although even he couldnt prevent Morgan Amalfitano from becoming very angry at again being left out.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:43

Europa League results are in as well

Group One

Everton 0 Hamburg 0

Lyon 0 Innsbruck 0
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:43

Group Two

Watford 2 Etienne 1

Brondby 0 Rangers 1
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:44

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Young Brazilian midfielder Henrique became the subject of much transfer activity this week as rumours of his impending arrival on British soil began to solidify, however it remains to be seen if Flamengo are willing to give up the talented youngster to a British club or whether they will bide their time and keep him in the hope he wiil become good enough to sign for parent club Barcelona.

Refused a workpermit at QPR this week so looks like Flamengo might just have to keep hold of him!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:44

Group Three

Nantes 2 Cagliari 1

Blackburn 2 Celtic 1
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:45

Group Four

Feyenoord 0 Berlin 2

Wolves 1 Chelsea 2
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:46

Haha. That's brilliant!! Chamakh shall be placed on the transfer list ASAP 5mil to who ever wants the prolific centre forward........

How about my finances? They were a slight concern last week

I shall have a sit down with Morgan and let him know who's boss! Sunday training I think!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:47

Seems to be the week for chairman to complain about their managers as the Newcastle chairman is also up in arms about the number of players wandering around who are not being used. ( This does effect your teams by the way ) and a draw in the Champions Cup wil not please the chairman as the holders should really have beaten Ajax.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 6 processing   Week 6 processing - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan - 15:49

Paul, am I right in thinking the format has changed this year for Europe due to a fewer amount of groups? Is it top two go through to the quarters? Or just the winners going through to the semis?
Back to top Go down

Week 6 processing
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next