8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 16:14

mark, i've signed five players this season. i'm not a wheeler and fuckin' dealer alright!! (reference harry redknapp youtube clip!) Smile

well it looks like i got spanked but seeing as 5 of my players played superb and 4 were good maybe not. weird that al-muhammadi was all over the right side yet maxwell still got a superb and a rating of 10. not really sure how that figures. my defence are playing like statues, maxwell should have got a minus ten in my opinion, and so should all the others. things not so bad going forward though, maybe i should play less blackpool-ish. pretty sure its the most exciting game jamie has probably ever been involved in....beats all those nil-nil's and one-nil's at watford eh jamie! well done anyway mate. 5-2, bloody hell. how many more bunches of fives must one endure?!

oh and gaz....atleast im managing to put the ball in the net pal Wink

Matt@Barcelona wrote:
I had 17 attempts to their 1
bet you wish you played me every week matt, every attack seems to lead to goals no matter what!
Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 16:47

Tom signed Jack Wilshere it was a complexed deal involving a few players i think
Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 16:50

nothing wrong with putting the ball in the net at Cremonese,oh you mean't Chelsea but were not talking abouthat Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 16:55

jonas gutierriez and craig gordon. yeah, id take a sweaty sock and 35m for jack wilshere any day. paul must have had a few sherberts but well done to tom, he's got a great transfer head, always over anything like a rash. if you don't buy a ticket....
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 17:03

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
nothing wrong with putting the ball in the net at Cremonese,oh you mean't Chelsea but were not talking abouthat Very Happy

well, chelsea are your main concern so yeah it is what we're talking about gaz!
Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 17:20

Stuart@Roma wrote:

well, chelsea are your main concern so yeah it is what we're talking about gaz!

oooooo you bitch!!!
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 19:09

Ben@ManUnited wrote:
I only ask for 5-4 wins though none of this keep it tight at the back lol.

Yeah sounds like it was will be interested to see what happened.

You played me in a friendly, the score....? Yep, 5-4 to Utd!!!!! What were your other friendly scores Ben?

I have at last come to the realisation that I don't know what the f*ck I'm doing anymore!! I'm not only getting beaten week in week out I'm getting hammered..... 1-2 to Spurs but 10 chances to my 2... Jesus.

I was top of my Champions league group two games ago.... 0-1 against Copenhagen and now a 3-0 thumping at shitty Eindhoven. Doubtful that I'll qualify now. My team is better than last years... I'm not a radical change everything weekly type of manager so I'm going to blame the "tweeks" that Paul keeps doing... the TM effectiveness reduction is hitting me hard and as Paul quotes this turn "Reality managers too strong?" I think he may be right....
Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 19:39

I'm the same Mark getting hammered aswell and am thinking i don't know what the fook im doing,I pick the best team possible with little changes what else can you do?

The thing since the reality managers have taken over mainly is some bizzare unrealistic scorelines in my opinionand maybe they are to strong,I dont see how me and your Newcastle squad have had that much of a fall from grace like you said i have improved the squad aswell....it baffles me
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 20:05

there are some strange scores but then its always happened. there's more goals than in previous seasons though, nearly went off the page this week in italy!

gaz....i'll let you pick my team this week and i'll pick yours...how about that lol Smile

TM effectiveness is really noticeable on the (few) managed teams that still play FAS. that said......ben's doing alright, though it could be that paul has pushed the beginners luck button for him Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar - 23:15

Lol I noticed that as well told you I only asked for 5-4 wins lol. In all seriousness though a surreal league game for me I was 4-1 down at half time.

Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 7:53

I think we need to send in the Hemsoft drug testing team at Old Trafford
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 9:54

Well I have been used dealings BUNG and TAKE BANNED SUBSTANCES lol.
Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 12:49

i lost 8-2 but get this had more posesion and more chances might sound like sour grapes but im getting fed up of teams being able to score every shot against me. in europe valencia had one shot and scored thats happened every game in europe this season. it starting to not seem very realistic Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 12:51

Sames things happening to me Jamie Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 12:56

i love playing this game but im very short on time at the moment and im worried ill just say to myself fuck it and jack it in. if i do that ill never come back i wont be able to see my schalke team dismantled or in someone elses hands.
everyone losses but how do neuer ramos dani alves tasci and westermann let in nearly every attempt against them?

end rant Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark@Newcastle
International 94/94
International 94/94
Mark@Newcastle

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 13:55

Jamie@Schalke04 wrote:
i love playing this game but im very short on time at the moment and im worried ill just say to myself fuck it and jack it in. if i do that ill never come back i wont be able to see my schalke team dismantled or in someone elses hands.
everyone losses but how do neuer ramos dani alves tasci and westermann let in nearly every attempt against them?

end rant Smile

I understand your feelings Jamie.... sounds like my situation, I don't get that much time either.... I fear it may be costing us.

I think an updated rulebook would help. I've lost track of the changes and little nuances lately.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 16:32

you think a new rulebook will help?!

i have to say there's way too many goals about just lately. reading my match report it did seem quite humourous that jamie's ancona side literally scored with every attacking move and my defence was, to be frank, dancing with shadows. the thing i dont get....my team cohesion is on 99 and has been all season so it can't get any better than that on a team understanding point of view....maxwell is surely atleast as good as al-muhammadi yet he gets destroyed and somehow still comes out smiling with a superb rating and a score of 10...cant remember the last time a full back of mine did so well....or badly. just didnt make sense that maxwell was down as having played a blinder when he was crap.

anyway, i'm never bitter and atleast my game was against another human team, i'd probably have lost 8-2 myself otherwise. Jamie's side played very well but it just seemed a bit stupid that they scored on almost each attack, most of them were screamers from 25 yards and buffon couldnt catch a bloody cold. we all accept you lose the odd game by the odd goal where you have all the ball and all the chances but when it becomes more than the fingers on your hands like it seems to for jamie's schalke side i guess it becomes more than frustrating, so i feel the bloke.

still...that rarely happens for me anyway but despite having a repuation of changing my squad and tactics endlessly i've only changed tactics once this season and also i've only signed 5 new players this season and only 3 of them have started since week 1 (luisao, aquilani and josue), and i havn't started any of them until they've played atleast 30 friendlies. 7 of my players have played every game this season (de rossi hasn't cos he's been sent off). so...it can no longer be said that i lose games because i chop and change....because i don't. still, i'll just keep fielding this shit team of mine and enjoy the rocky road to another relegation while the amazing talents at genoa and cagliari continue to confound the critics. what legends they are.
Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 17:21

At leat Graffeidei or whatever his name is don't score anymore Stu
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 17:59

I was 4-1 up?

Pauls got my arsenal playing very realistic lol!

Congrats tom, I had a swapbid in myself.
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 18:01

Mark@Newcastle wrote:
Jamie@Schalke04 wrote:

end rant Smile

I understand your feelings Jamie.... sounds like my situation, I don't get that much time either.... I fear it may be costing us.

I think an updated rulebook would help. I've lost track of the changes and little nuances lately.

Have had exactly the same issue in both my games this week. I had 9 on target against Milan in my league game and scored 1. Milan had 2 and scored ..... 3. In my European game I had 11 on target and scored 1 and Mallorca had 1 on target and scored with it.

If everyone else is seeing the same thing against unmanaged or reality managed teams then it seems there's an issue.
Back to top Go down
Jamie@Watford
International 94/94
International 94/94

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 18:40

I've had similar problems of late. Last season I was a couple of minutes from the prem in the play off final now I'm in the relegation zone yet in my opinion I've made the side better, all my players have superb team understanding and their skills aremated out. Last season I didn't concede 10 goals all season yet this season I've lost 8-0 and 7-0 to reality managed clubs (so stu I'd love to go back to the boredom of all last season's 0-0s!) Im all for having competition but it seems as Paul mentioned on the newsletter, the reality teams are too strong, despite having inferior players with less skills! Or maybe I'm just not doing a very good job, which is probably the case.
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 19:07

Thanks Phil,

You, me and a few others I have found out!!

Who did you try and swap him for? Surely not Carlos?
Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 19:58

im in two minds over all this.

my chance to converstion rate has been very good all season, be it against human, cpu or unmamaged.

i havent created many chances in any of my games but i seem to have a good converstion rate.

is it the quality of service? is it the type of service?

is it cos i play with winghalves that get to the byline so when a good chance comes my way its from a relatively close range and unmissable.

looking at the reality managed teams throughout england there seems to be a pretty even spread in their respective league position at this halfway stage of the season.

premiership: city top, blackburn 3rd, spurs 7th and boro 11th
champ: villa top, hull 2nd, leeds 5th, west ham 9th.
league one: derby 2nd, bolton 5th, wednesday 8th southhampton 10th & sunderland rock tommy bottom.

City we take it as red they will be there or there abouts, frustrating but it is nice to have another benchmark team / team to beat other than Dan@plymouth to have in the game.

Villa and reading have not long (last season) dropped out of the premiership and if any of us had done the same id expect them to be in the mix too.

Hull until the last 2-3 turns had quite simply one of the best or overrated teams in england so were always going to be in the top two or three, the rest looking at it arnt really pulling up any trees.

In Europe i was in a group containing unmanaged parma and cork aswell as reality managed celtic.

in that group im top, followed by Parma, cork and the reality managed celtic rock bottom.

having said all this obviously the two jaimies have had a some very freaky and quite unrealistic results that just cannot be explained.

When i spoke to paul origianly about RM's i think he said something along the lines that maybe some managers will give europe/ cup games a priority, or some may prioritise the league games.

now im not sure how that explains how sides containng average to poor players can overcome much better sides.

i think the frustration lies where u see a side that has eddie johnson as their best player turn over a side of premiership regulars.

iv been chewing over emailing paul again to ask him if reality mangers , especially in england could make more effort to try and sign players of note or at least players that are true to their real life clubs.

maybe then a quick look at how overly tactically astute they seem to be as well?

although this turn i have recieved a perm bid from city for Milner and rich has one in for big pav from Spurs so maybe they are, i was just thinking players off the transfer list, im sure ballack could do a job for reading or boro.

Back to top Go down

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 20:25

reality managers aside im thinking of sending my team on holiday this turn to boost the morale, just wondered what other people think of this or have done it before to any effect
Back to top Go down
Phil@Watford
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Phil@Watford

Order Sheet
CLUB:

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 20:35

man utd played u in a friendly and u lost 5-4.... lyon played u in a friendly and u lost 4-5

pattern ?
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

Week 10 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 10   Week 10 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Mar - 21:08

Didn't Rich get Pav from Spurs in the first place?

Not sure how and why the reality clubs are exempt from the new rules?
Back to top Go down

Week 10
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next