Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Premier League kick off - season predictions!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

Premier League kick off - season predictions! Empty
PostSubject: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug - 22:04

ok, last year i did really well with my prediction that didier drogba's career was over and that he should be retired....so he returned 30 goals for chelsea.....

this season my prediction is that chelsea will not win the league. fat frank probably had his best ever year last season, as did drogba, and with joe cole and ballack leaving i feel its a tough ask for chelsea to retain their crown. they certainly won't waltz to the title like last year and it will be much closer. i actually think chelsea may only finish third. Man United to swagger to the title with either Liverpool or Man City second. If Man City dont finish second then I think they'll get 4th - they're either going to do very well or scrape the top four, probably scrape it given the number of signings again. Arsenal and Spurs 5th and 6th and Everton 7th. Villa to struggle in the bottom half, West Ham, Sunderland and Wolves to surprise a few people and complete the top half. West Brom, Blackpool and then Wigan or Stoke to go down. Birmingham, Bolton and Newcastle a little further up but they'll both be in trouble due to a lack of firepower. Villa, Blackburn and Fulham the 11th, 12th and 13th placed sides.

Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Mancehster City
Arsenal
Tottenham
Everton
West Ham
Sunderland
Wolves
Fulham
Blackburn
Aston Villa
Birmingham
Newcastle
Bolton
Stoke/Wigan
-----------
Stoke/Wigan
West Brom
Blackpool

championship promotion: boro, qpr, ipswich
down: any one from 21

league one: charlton, huddersfield, saints
down: hartlepool, exeter, daggers, rochdale,

league two: rotherham, shrewsbury, chesterfield, aldershot
down: lincoln, barnet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug - 22:36

arsenal
chelsea
man united
man city
tottenham
liverpool
everton
aston villa
sunderland
fulham
stoke
wigan
bolton
west ham
wolves
blackburn
west brom
birmingham
newcastle
blackpool

tbh, blackpool will finish bottom, the top 8 teams are pretty much set, then the other 11 is just guess work, but thats how i get it roughly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug - 22:37

championship, 20/1 on hull looks a value bet now
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug - 23:04

Lee@Juve wrote:
championship, 20/1 on hull looks a value bet now

think they'll lose to ipswich in the play-offs. fancy qpr and boro automatic. we'll see. those 4 sides are the strongest for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 22:11

burnley and forest aswell, tough league
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug - 9:28

The Top

Chelsea
Arsenal
United
City

Any out of Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, maybe Fulham for Europa

The rest - but Villa in bottom 6 if Milner and Young go - they can't create without these 2 and Martin knew it so jumped.

Relegation

West Brom
Bolton
Blackpool
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug - 9:29

As for the Championship ........ not Forest. Billy out. Martin O'Neill in?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug - 18:30

Chelsea
Man Utd
Man City
Yids

Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool for Europa

Relegation

Blackpool are nailed on, and any other 2 from Blackburn, Bolton, Wolves, Wigan, West Brom, West Ham and possibly Villa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeFri 13 Aug - 20:32

arsenal not in the top 4 martin, well, i used to value your opinion, turns out that was a bad move!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug - 0:39

Sorry Lee, and any other Gunners.

It makes my skin crawl and is bringing on projectile vomiting at the thought of the Yids getting a top 4 finish.

But I think that Wenger is playing a busted hand this time around.

How I wish I am wrong on this prediction, because Arsenal under Wenger's tutalage have along with Man Utd been the best teams for entertainment and pure skill to watch in English football for the past decade.

And this come's from a die hard Chelsea fan
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug - 0:46

Martin@Bohemians wrote:

And this come's from a die hard Chelsea fan

hardly a benchmark for skill and entertainment Premier League kick off - season predictions! Sleep

Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug - 11:34

I think it's gonna be very close this year between a top 4 of Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and Man City.

Im going for a surprsie League title for Man City and Utd coming only 4th

Man City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man U
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton
Sunderland
Birmingham
Villa
Fulham
Blackburn
Stoke
Bolton
Wigan
Newcastle
WBA
West Ham
Wolves
Blackpool
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug - 12:03

birmingham i think are a strong outside contender for the drop in all fairness, scored the least amount of goals in the league equal with wolves and really only got where they were from a lot of 0-0's and 1-0's. they were last year's surprise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Premier League kick off - season predictions!   Premier League kick off - season predictions! Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug - 1:09

I reckon chelsea will win 6-0 and Blackpool will be are nearest challengers for the title :-)
Back to top Go down

Premier League kick off - season predictions!
Page 1 of 1