Paul Hemmings
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Week 8 processing - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:01

There are more bonuses that are apportioned as the game progresses, which can change as the game progresses, and one of those is aggression.

Players can have one of five natural aggressions and each gives a +10% bonus to each skill in certain situations, and the aggression you choose for the game is also a factor in player skills in these situations, so in a tackle the overall skills would be adjusted to also take into account a players natural aggression and his enforced aggression.

Forlan's natural aggression bonus is +40% and Mark chose 3 agg making his total bonus +70%. So in a tackle his effective AE would be 7.5+70% making 8.2

whilst United's CB Lescott and Vidic have TA8.0 and TA9.5 with a 60% from ManU aggression giving TA8.6 and TA9.5, so on the ground Forlan would lose out most times to both these players, but he doesnt because the system also checks things like TK9.0 to see if he still gets the edge.

If Mark upped his aggression to 6 and matched ManU that would give Forlan AE8.5 and bring his AE closer to lescott's TA so making it more likely for him to beat Lescott, and the quicker players do things the more space and time they get to shoot so improving their chances of scoring.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:02

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Are there other things to be looking out for - such as player not liking each other or anything like that that are affect how they play together?

Its a team game and all players get along whilst on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:04

Rob@Inter wrote:
Quick one for anyone to answer. Does a DY suffer any rating drop playing other midfield positions?

DYs are the same as everybody else im afraid except they can also play RBRKLBLKLHRHBW as well without the OOP handicap.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:07

I'll do Roma next as this is Stuart's first week and take a look at where things went wrong this week, I havent got any data for the previous three weeks, but we may get some clues.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:11

Paul Hemmings wrote:
I'll do Roma next as this is Stuart's first week and take a look at where things went wrong this week

Stu not leaving things to his assistant manager? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:11

Ancona play 442 MIX3 Roma play 361 SLO3

tbh thats the problem right there, Roma as usual play a very unorthodox system which will work better against some tactics and worst against others and swings from bad to worse will probably be greater than they would be normally.

SLO is really a 442 formation. But we'll look further.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:12

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
I'll do Roma next as this is Stuart's first week and take a look at where things went wrong this week

To be fair he left the team unchanged from last week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:16

And I thought Football Manager was complicated! Morale is definitely hampering me at the moment, need to play some friendlies with the crap teams and get the boys away for a week in the sun! Except the defence. They can have extra training Twisted Evil

Finally settled on a tactic/formation that should suit the players(finally) all that tinkering hasn't helped matters but I always start off pathetic so not panicing just yet!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:17

The matchups for this week were

Ancona midfield LH Piatti QU9 PM AM RH Ederson QU7

against Roma's LK Maxwell QU8.5 PM AM DY P2 RK Rafinha QU8.5

on the wide areas Roma would have had a problem because he was playing with wingbacks who start in midfield and have to come back to defend, on the left of the defence probably would have been okay cos the matchup there goes QU8.5 vs QU7 but on the right of Roma's defence he would have got ripped to shreds cos the match up is QU 8.5 vs QU 9 so Rafinha would not be able to cover Piatti all the time, and because Ancona played with a PM he would have kept track of this and been more likely to pass to Piatti as his performance score improved.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:22

I havent seen the report but you may have conceded more chances than in the previous three games cos of this factor alone.

Playing 3 CBs can offset not having fullbacks in place, but again they have to be quick in order to get out to the wideman in order to tackle him, Roma's centrebacks are QU7 QU7.5 and QU7 so its unlikely any of them would have been given the time to close Piatti down. This is important when you play 3 CBs and no FBs but of course isnt important when you play with FBs. On the otherside Ederson would have been well covered and if Ancona hadnt played a PM Roma may have got away with it, but PMs do pick out holes very quickly and capitalise, just like TMs.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:30

Paul one quick question on this, in terms of the matchup's who do the DY's matchup against? LB/RB's or those in the centre of midfield?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:30

going forward for Roma would have been a different case, both wingbacks quicker or as quick as Ancona's fullbacks and a big CF in Pazzini height 5 would have seen a few crosses go in and a few chances created but whether Pazzini could have taken them, with Douglas CB TA9 HD9 Moreno TA9 HD9 its asking alot of Pazzini AE8.5 HD9.5 to beat both of them.

De Rossi would have been supporting Pazzini from midfield with QU7.5 SH8.5 DR7.5 and TK6 but he would have been in the same area as Ancona's AM Toulalan TA9.5 so he may have not had much joy either.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:35

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul one quick question on this, in terms of the matchup's who do the DY's matchup against? LB/RB's or those in the centre of midfield?

it depends in which areas of the field the players play.

The field of play consists of 5 areas across the field, wide left, inside left, central, inside right and wide right, in attack, midfield and defence. DL and DR play the inside channels between the 2*CBs in defence when they attack and really only play against CB if they move inside like to shoot on goal or at a corner. Normally they are up against BWs or other DYs. DY plays in the central area so would be up against AM PM P2 as well as BW and DY.

DY with the DOL or DOR or DOB command will play centrally without the ball and in the channels when he attacks, which is a big adantage unless the opposition play AL AR or 3*CBs

I think the field of play is best seen on your extra stats report.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:42

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:

it depends in which areas of the field the players play.

The field of play consists of 5 areas across the field, wide left, inside left, central, inside right and wide right, in attack, midfield and defence. DL and DR play the inside channels between the 2*CBs in defence when they attack and really only play against CB if they move inside like to shoot on goal or at a corner. Normally they are up against BWs or other DYs. DY plays in the central area so would be up against AM PM P2 as well as BW and DY.

DY with the DOL or DOR or DOB command will play centrally without the ball and in the channels when he attacks, which is a big adantage unless the opposition play AL AR or 3*CBs

I think the field of play is best seen on your extra stats report.

Thanks Paul very insightful and helpful!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:45

I'm sat in Rich's office sharing a glass of Vino after the game, bit worried about his Gareth Gates pictures on the wall though
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:46

Let's look at Charlton as they had a good four goal win this week so things should be going pretty well for them.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Tue 21 Feb - 16:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:47

wow, thanks very much paul, this is really interesting.

If I had my wing backs on DEF commands and my CL and CR on DOL and DOR would that have helped my cause in this situation when faced with a lot of pace and width?

I am thinking of going back to 2 strikers or ST CF and dropping the AM position. I just wonder though if this will leave my 3 CB's exposed? If i did this I was thinking of then maybe switching De Rossi to P2 as my secondary PM instead of Krasic...maybe De Rossi would track back better from the P2 position than Krasic?

Or maybe I should ditch slow and use mixed with CB CB CB LK RK AM PM DY ST CF. My beef with mixed is that its never worked for me, though I like its flexibity its just never yielded anything when i've tried it. 3-5-2 or 3-6-1 seems the best strategy with the players that I have as I dont possess any other width really than wing backs. Unless I play Alvaro Perreira as a LH and Krasic as a RH. but then i'd not have the cover for them.

Paul Hemmings wrote:
Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:
I'll
do Roma next as this is Stuart's first week and take a look at where
things went wrong this week

To be fair he left the team unchanged from last week.

yeah....so ner, ben!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 16:57

Charlton play 442 SLO5/SLD6 with dynamos and Boro play 442 WHV6

wide matchups were DL wilshere QU8 AE8 CO9 CG8.5 DR7.5 TK7

and DR Nolan QU7 AE8.5 CO7.5 CG8.5 DR0 TK0

now they would have been matched up with a combination of either LBCL or RBCR because dynamos play in the channels and Boro had none of their own players playing in the inside channels. Sometimes Charlton's DY's would go wide sometimes down the channel and sometimes inside just depends on the game situation. It gets more complex now cos they are involved in at least two matchups each.

DL Wilshere vs RB Meite QU7 TA8.5 vs CR StLedger TA8

DR Nolan vs LB Baines QU8 TA8.5 vs CL Riggott TA8.5

so Wilshere should have had a good game against both RB and CR and as Charlton were playing a PM he would have picked him out more and more as his performances improved, which is probably why they did so well. They also played with a height 4 CF which made it easier for the widemen to pick out as both Boros Cbs are height 3.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 17:05

Putting DEF on any player increases his willingness to defend but if he's up field attacking he still needs to get back in order to be in position to defend, so no it wouldnt have helped against pacey wide players, it does help the defence when the wingbacks get chance to track back, they do at least always come back to help out if they have the time. If you lose the ball in defence then they are probably already in position, if your ball is in midfield they may well be in attack ( depends on their WATT ) and then they have to rely on their speed to get back.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 17:07

DOL and DOR on 2*centrebacks doesnt do anything except make them think you dont know what youre doing as they know they need to stay central, but if you use it on 3CBs then two will play as fullbacks and you'll be light on occasions in the middle, again depends on their speed, and stamina late in a game.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 17:09

normally

-- CL CC CR --

with DOL and DOR

CL -- CC -- CR

this might work against LW CF RW or BARs LW TM RW

but wouldnt work against ST TM S2 you may concede a record number of goals...

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Tue 21 Feb - 17:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 17:11

Paul can you send me a NO sheet please as i'm picking my team blind most weeks not knowing who i'm playing......although i ain't doing to bad so far
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 17:12

normally

-- CL -- CR --

with DOL and DOR

-- CL -- CR --

the Cbs ignore it, just so you cant throw a game like this !!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 17:12

ok....i think i might try the DOL and DOR on my left and right sided centre backs then (3 Cb's) not sure about DEF on my wingbacks yet. I'll have less supply doing that. though maybe i'll concede not so easily. A yin and yang scenario perhaps. thanks. yeah, using DOL and DOR on a two CB pairing would be pretty stupid lol.

Last edited by Stuart@Roma on Tue 21 Feb - 17:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 17:13

Is there a chance could you please potentially give some small insights into the Plymouth game as I have some pretty decent players playing and am struggling to break sides down even after sorting he tactical problems out?

Thanks

Ben

Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 8 processing   Week 8 processing - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb - 17:14

Gaz@Chelsea wrote:
Paul can you send me a NO sheet please as i'm picking my team blind most weeks not knowing who i'm playing......although i ain't doing to bad so far

sure

Reality Managers dont change their tactics from week to week and if you get the next opponent report you should be able to work where they are vulnerable and exploit that, giving you a good chance to beat reality managers.
Back to top Go down

Week 8 processing
Page 18 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next