Championship Football Play By Mail PBM

Football Club Management Simulation

HomeSiteLatest imagesLog inRegister

Questions for The Stig.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Questions for The Stig. Empty
PostSubject: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr - 23:32

I was wandering as our new 'go between' with Paul and the Forum would The Stig consider putting a few suggestions to Paul that might help us better the game.

1.) some sort of notification system of missing turns.
perhap Stu could create a section on the forum where on a monday lunchtime paul could pop on here and literally just list any teams for whome he has had no teamsheet from.

This may eradicate the frustration some of us have suffered, having posted turns, waited a week in eager anticipation, only to find out that said turn never arrived and no dealing have been done.

At least this way a quick email, use of the online form of even a quick phone call can put all right.

Doesnt have to anything huge, just a little section Paul can come on to without having to read all our drivel Questions for The Stig. Icon_wink .

Any thoughts on a little advertising campaign to get a couple of actual new managers in.
i remember on the old forum he said he did an advert in 442 magazine or something, would be nice to get some more faces in, with the likes of Ross, Rupert and Martin left / on a break, might be nice to freshen things up.

Failing suggestion 2.
Still would like to see an extension of the personality managers.
The unmanaged clubs lower down the leagues just dont seem competitive at all.

West Ham, Sheffield Wednesday,Derby,Sheffied United, Wolves, Napoli,Sampdoria etc,

just look at southampton have been unmanaged for just a few weeks and have lost their last 4 games 4-1, 4-1, 4-1 and 6-0, hardly competitive are they.

there would still be plenty of chaff teams to swapbid with, just it seems the only teams that do dealing on the top transfer list are the ones in random leagues and never the ones were competing against, would love to see Bristol city go out and pick up martyn taylor and kiki musampa instead of them randomly moving to leagues that nobody is playing in.

just some ideas
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr - 22:23

Hasn't Paul already said his schedule is too busy to come on here on a monday?

If so, what about the Stig giving him a quick ring to see if there are any turns outstanding, then he could let the manager know straightaway. This would be better for Paul too, as more than one manager rings him every week to make sure the turn is there.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr - 22:35

Tom@Charlton-Bayern wrote:
Hasn't Paul already said his schedule is too busy to come on here on a monday?

he did yes. he hasnt been on the forum in quite a while either.

some good ideas though, it would be good to know if your turn isnt their on monday.

the teams in the lower leagues arnt competitive because we all hoard players and let them sit in our reserves or on loan at feeder clubs. though, i do feel that something could be done so that the players are atleast recognisable. with some teams it really is quite laughable when you research their squad and find their best real life player plays in the cypriot league. sorry to bring up the genoa thing their rob hehe Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr - 22:57

whatever works best.

As it stands because we've been told its not a good idea to Record or Special our mail ive sent mine just standard 1st class and will have to continue to do so.

Now cos of this i have no way of knowing all has arrived safe and sound, so ill be phoning Paul once a fortnight on a monday to make sure hes got it.

Now im guessing im not alone, so would it not be quicker for him to come on for what 30 seconds post any team names that he hasnt got and then crack on with his work. Surely has to be less time consuming than answering the phone to half adozen or so people at random times of the day asking if he's got their turns?

I dont know if its something the Stig would consider doing, quick lunchtime phonecall to paul to check all is well, if not just pop up on the forum with a list of any outstanding.

Alternatively if we could get a response on the online submission form that Stu worked so hard on all this would be eradicated in one foul swoop.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr - 23:39

the best thing is to let everyone use the online form really so that paul maybe gets two copies of our turn (one in mail and one email) atleast theres a guarantee something gets there.

i sent this to paul last month:

Stuart@Roma wrote:

Hi Paul,

as you know i've been working on an online order sheet since christmas, with the initial benefit of use for Dan and Henrik, your overseas players. My main aim has been to keep it simplified and make it as easy as possible for your end of things and it's pretty much as close as I could possibly make it to a real turn sheet. you can view a blank copy of it at this link:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=t85lGG3D303O3gAjKskTjzA

A couple of others have asked me to ask you if you would consider other players to use it too. Now, I know the last time we were able to do online orders you were'nt 100% happy with receiving them largely due to the amount of links etc people were sending with these turns and the time it was taking to process. My suggestion is that people can perhaps can use this method but cannot NEW or REVIEW players thru the online system. It should really only be used I believe as a back-up option in case somebody's turn might be in danger of not arriving with you for one reason or another ( i think a few people have had bad experiences with the postal system just recently? ). anyway, if people want to new or review then they should be expected to print and post these informations to you with the turn sheet you send. any turn you receive by email is simply a back-up and presedence will always be given to those that you recieve by mail. online turns should only be processed if you do not receive a paper copy in the mail on Monday mornings of the deadline. if you could give some response either on the forum or the newsletter then that would be really great. I'd advise though limiting its use as i've suggested so that turn around remains smooth at your end. I can give copies of the online sheet to each person that wishes to use it and its up to them to ensure they use it as you see fit, and if it doesn't work then I guess you will have to disable this service for non-overseas players.

hope you are having a good weekend mate!
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr - 9:03

and the response was...... Questions for The Stig. Icon_question
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr - 16:16

there wasnt one
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr - 16:17

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr - 18:32

i know.....i send loads of emails like that, some much longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr - 18:58

Stuart@Roma wrote:
i know.....i send loads of emails like that, some much longer.

Maybe that's the issue.
Back to top Go down
Tom
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Questions for The Stig.   Questions for The Stig. Icon_minitimeMon 26 Apr - 19:23

lol!
Back to top Go down

Questions for The Stig.
Page 1 of 1