Paul Hemmings
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master

Week 11 processing - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 18:05

Ive just finished all the printing so I'll be able to get the turns into the post first thing tomorrow morning and then you will hopefully get them before the weekend.

Once I'm back from the post office tomorrow I'll do a roundup of all the games and if you wanna know anything in particular list your questions after this post and I'll answer them tomorrow while im doing the backup.

I havent changed the prices but I suspect the post will have gone up on the 1st of the month but Ive no idea how much guess I will find out tomorrow. Better take plenty of cash with me ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 18:38

price increase is from the 30th of april, so were safe for a week or two
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 20:43

Hi Paul,

As ever thanks for getting turns out promptly. Apart from the review of mine and Will's game, my main question is around my lack of goals. Understand possibly why it potentially happened this week but this is a common occurance. Is there fundamentally something I am constantly doing wrong (or not doing) which may be affecting this?

Thanks

Ben
Back to top Go down
Rob@Barcelona
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Rob@Barcelona

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 21:13

Paul,

Echo Ben's comments on the turn around. Thanks.

Would love to know why Inter clicked this week. Was it just Hernanes coming in? Also no goals from the forwards again - how did they play?

Also will the player reviews from last turn kick in this turn?

Rob
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 7:17

Big thanks Paul for the sharp turnaround, appreciated by all

I posted this on week 10 after rich had asked about why his winghalves were never getting the ball in his winghalves tactic would be grateful for some feedback when time permits

echo the above a little.

cant help but think that although long term this is a move that needed to happen for the game (the bigger pitch) it has confused the roles of some players a little.
u
I had my ST bent Getting way too involved (something i know u are looking at) but my AM never really got the opportunity on the ball as despite my CB's having what u would think being an easy couple of yards pass to my AM theyd opted for a longer ball to my ST.

i wouldnt have minded but i was playing WIN so the hole point of that is that my focal point of attacks should be my wingers be the supply line be coming from my AM or my back four.

so my worry is:
my CB's are missing out my AM completely
my AM isnt getting involved when im on the ball,
my Wingers in a Winger orientated tactic are getting ignored.

a little confused.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 7:33

Well done Paul again with the turnaround and live updates. Much Appreciated.

I have to say looking at the comments above and over the last few weeks that as long as i have been in the game i dont think i have ever had a forward that has scored lots of goals each season.

Maybe it has always been my tactic but my goals have always mainly come from midfielders so i would also be intirgued to know if there is something i am missing out on.

I play a TM and CF in FAS and neither really get there share of the goals.

Obviously out and out goal scorers are hard to find in real life for clubs but most clubs would have a forward each season as ther etop scorer or near, i would say i have at least 2 midfielders each season ahead of strikers in the scoring charts.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 10:48

firstly everything is posted now so you should hopefully have it for the weekend.

The post wont increase until april 30th and then it will rise from 1.09 to 1.20 which isnt too bad, at least not as bad as I thought it might be this year with all the rumours.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 10:49

I'll take the Qs in order they were entered.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 10:49

Ben@Plymouth wrote:
Hi Paul,

As ever thanks for getting turns out promptly. Apart from the review of mine and Will's game, my main question is around my lack of goals. Understand possibly why it potentially happened this week but this is a common occurance. Is there fundamentally something I am constantly doing wrong (or not doing) which may be affecting this?

Thanks

Ben

ye, goal scoring is the bane of many a manager, but I'll see what I can do for you and others it appears.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 11:05

lets have a look at Ben's team in detail...

GK LBCLCRRB DLAMDR STTMS2 FAS5

his strike force this week was Anelka, D'Allesandro and Robinho supported by Ireland and Rosicky.

Anelka 33 CFST 9997 sh9 vo9 hd9 ae9 fm=superb mo=superb

Robinho 28 ST 9999 sh9 vo9 hd6 ae9 dr9 tr9 st7 fm=good mo=superb

your 2 strikers look well capable and I cant see anything to really improve them so you seem okay at the sharpend as it were.

the creator is

D'Alessandro 30 TM co6 ae7 sh7 vo7 hd2 dr9 st6 vi7 tr6 again he is fully trained up but doesnt have the best skills for a top end target man but has FAS minutes of 999 so thats good. He actually played with the full bonuses for form, morale and club morale and got the language bonus giving him at least a 100% increase on each of his skills, means he actually played with

co8.5 ae9 sh9 vo9 hd6.5 dr9.5 st8 vi8.5 tr8 which makes him a far more formideable target man, shame, I was hoping the problem might be there Smile so we need to look further.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 11:14

We need to look at the match report to see what was happening...

aah there is an incorrect disruption message coming out, which may appear on all your match reports early in the game, apologies for that, Ive fixed it now though as it was coming out in error. I suspect it may have appeared last week as well and maybe even the week before.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 11:26

Right Ben's match

attack 1 Essien - Dalessandro - bad control

attack 2 Ferdinand - Essien - Dalessando - bad control

attack 3 Ferdinand - Essien - Dalessandro - tackled by Jagielka

attack 4 Cech - Cole - Essien - Dalessandro - dribble - Ireland in the box - Anelka in the box - tackled by Skrtel

attack 5 Ferdinand - Essien - Dalessandro - dribble - tackled by Jagielka

attack 6 Johnson - Essien - Dalessandro - avoids Jagielka - dribble into the box - but lets the ball run thru to Palacios

attack 7 Essien - Dalessandro - dribble - tackled by Jagielka

attack 8 Vermaelen - Rosicky - Dalessandro - Rosicky - shoots saved

attack 9 Ferdinand - Essien - Dalessandro - dribble - tackled by Jagielka

attack 10 Cech - Cole - Essien - Dalessandro - tackled by Palacios

attack 11 Vermaelen - Essien - Dalessandro - bad control

attack 12 Essien - Dalessandro - dribble - bad control

attack 13 Johnson - Essien - Dalessandro - tackled by palacios

attack 14 Ferdinand - Essien - Dalessandro - dribble - avoids Jagielka - dribble - shoots - saved

those were the attacks that involved Dalessandro.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 11:48

this is the equivalent match but with Rooney in place of Dalessandro

attack 1 Essien - Rooney - holdsoff Palacios - dribble - beats Jagielka - dribbles intot he box - shoot saved.

attack 2 Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - dribble - beats Jagielka - dribbles into the box - shoot saved

attack 3 Robinho - Rooney - Robinho - shoot saved

attack 4 Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - dribble - beats Jagielka - dribblesintot he box - shoots saved

attack 5 Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - dribble - beats Jagielka - shoot goal

attack 6 Ferdinand - Essien - Rooney - dribble - beats Jagielka - dribblesinto the box - shoot saved

attack 7 Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - dribble - tackled by Jagielka

attack 8 Cech - Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - tackled by Palacios

attack 9 Essien - Rooney - dribbles holds off Jagielka - dribbles into the box - shoot goal

attack 10 Ferdinand - Essien - Rooney - dribble - beats Jagielka - avoids Palacios - dribbles into the box - bad control

attack 11 Essien - Rooney - avoids Palacios - dribble - holds off Jagielka - shoot saved

attack 12 Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - dribble - holds off Jagielka - dribble - ball goes out of play

attack 13 Cech - Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - avoids Palacios - dribble - aviods Tiago - dribbles into the box - shoot goal

attack 14 Essien - Rooney - dribble - beats Tiago - dribbles into the box - passes to Ireland who is tackled by Cuellar

attack 15 Ferdiand - Essien - Rooney - dribble - avoids Tiago - dribbles into the box - passes to Ireland - tackled by Cuellar

attack 16 Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - dribble - avoids Tiago - dribbles into the box - passes to Ireland - avoids Skrtel - passes to Robinho - aviods Cuellar - shoot corner - goal from the corner

attack 17 Cole - Essien - Rooney - aviods Palacios - dribble - avoids Tiago - dribbles into the box - passes to Ireland - avoids Cuellar - passes to Anelka - tackled and ball goes out of play

attack 18 Cech - Ferdinand - Essien - Rooney - dribble - bad control

attack 19 Cech - Ferdinand - Essien - Rooney - dribble - beats Tiago - dribbles into the box - passes to Ireland - tackled - end of game

those were the attacks involving Rooney and it was very much a one man show, although I'm not sure why he kept passing to ireland instead of using all 4 of his supporting players. he passes more once he has scored a hatrick which he did in this game.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 11:50

im going to play the game again but this time tell Rooney to SUP more. see how that pans out.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 12:02

Paul Hemmings wrote:
im going to play the game again but this time tell Rooney to SUP more. see how that pans out.

Thanks Paul this is great insight!
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 12:35

attack 1 Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - dribble - aviods Jagielka - dribbles into the box - Robinho - aviods Cuellar - shoot saved

attack 2 Essien - Rooney - holds off Jagielka - dribbles into the box - aviods Cuellar - Johnson ( SEB ) - shoot goal

attack 3 Ferdinand - Essien - Rooney - beats Palacios - dribble - Aviods Jagielka - dribbles into the box - Robinho ( attracting ) - skips past Skrtel - shoot saved

attack 4 Ferdinand - Essien - Rooney - dribble - aviods Palacios - dribbles into the box - holds off Jagielka - Anelka ( attracting ) aviods Cuellar - shoot saved

attack 5 Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - aviods Palacios - dribble - aviods Jagielka - dribbles into the box - Cole ( willingness to attack the box ) - tackled by Cuellar

attack 6 Essien - Rooney - dribble - aviods Jagielka - dribbles into the box - Vermaelen ( willingness to attack the box ) shoot goal

attack 7 Ferdinand - Essien - Rooney - dribble - aviods Tiago - Cole ( wtabox ) shoot goal

attack 8 Vermaelen - Essien - Rooney - dribble - aviods Tiago - dribbles into the box - Ferdinand ( wtabox ) - shoot saved

attack 9 Ferdinand - Essien - Rooney - Anelka - aviods Tiago - shoot saved

they were the attacks involving Rooney, so a very different story and a few things i could tweak, like the CBs willingnes to attack the box from open play, that would give more chances to strikers.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 12:37

First point is that FAS depends almost entirely on your TM

the first game ended 0-0

the second ended 4-0 with Rooney on no commands Rooney scored 3

the last game ended 3-0 with Rooney on SUP where he didnt score.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 12:39

I do need to adjust the CBs willingness to attack the box during open play as that does seem too high, I will check. But maybe we need a middle ground for the TM as well.

so you'd have

SOS if you want him to greedier

SUP if you want him to be less greedier and

MIX if you want him to mix it up abit

comments welcome
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 12:45

Paul Hemmings wrote:
I do need to adjust the CBs willingness to attack the box during open play as that does seem too high, I will check. But maybe we need a middle ground for the TM as well.

so you'd have

comments welcome

Seems like a good idea. But what would be the difference between having a TM on MIX and having him with no command? I assumed by leaving it blank he would naturally mix it up a little anyway?
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 12:47

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

so you'd have

comments welcome

Seems like a good idea. But what would be the difference between having a TM on MIX and having him with no command? I assumed by leaving it blank he would naturally mix it up a little anyway?

No if you leave the command blank then he plays to his profile values so it would depend on the player, Rooney's willingness to shoot is greedily so he is naturally SOS. I could make that a bit clearewr on the player profile report.

Last edited by Paul Hemmings on Wed 4 Apr - 12:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 12:47

Tom@Charlton wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

so you'd have

comments welcome

I assume by leaving it blank he would fo what his trademarks tell him to do, Rooney/Tevez/Aguero etc all play differently.
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 12:49

Rich@Birmingham wrote:
Tom@Charlton wrote:
Paul Hemmings wrote:

so you'd have

comments welcome

I assume by leaving it blank he would fo what his trademarks tell him to do, Rooney/Tevez/Aguero etc all play differently.

yes this is correct
Back to top Go down
Tom@Charlton
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99
Tom@Charlton

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 12:55

Ok thanks
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 13:02

Thanks for that Paul immensley helpful!

In terms of a new additional to how to use TM I would welcome MIX as at the moment unless I put SUP on Rooney its just him and Essien who really get into the game at all, limiting the need for other players around him.

One question I do have though is why he has been so ineffective in the past few games (12 goals scored by my team in the league is an indication of this - should this not have been more given his quality and if so why hasn't he?)

Thanks

Ben

Last edited by Ben@Plymouth on Wed 4 Apr - 13:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Hemmings
Games Master
Games Master
Paul Hemmings

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 13:11

MIX works quite well with strikers and dynamos both scoring their share of goals instead of Rooney grabbing them all.
Back to top Go down
Ben@Plymouth
World Star - 99/99
World Star - 99/99

PostSubject: Re: Week 11 processing   Week 11 processing - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 13:14

Paul Hemmings wrote:
MIX works quite well with strikers and dynamos both scoring their share of goals instead of Rooney grabbing them all.

Do you mean MIX as a tactic or MIX on Rooney?
Back to top Go down

Week 11 processing
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next